Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Break It Down...

Ok, on to the breakin' it down portion of Dream Interpretations with eirekitten. Meow! This is a follow-up to my last blog "Bust Out Your Dream Dictionary" in which I recounted a really weird and comical dream I had earrrrrrly, this morning.

In my past experiences, using most so-called "dream dictionaries" is usually a farcical effort in superstitious futility. Yeah, go figure THAT sentence out. I don't even know what I said. Anyway, the kind of "You dreamed of a crow. You're gonna die at noon tomorrow!" crap is probably written by the same dorks that believe in chain letters. Psh. Really.

On the flip-side I have found some definitions and interpretations of certain symbols that resonate with the dream I had and really, that's the starting point of figuring out what a "story-like" dream means. What is your subconscious trying to tell you? Well, start how you felt when you woke from the dream. My dream this morning? It had all the elements of a Cohen Brothers movie. Dark humor. Funny in a bloody, decapitated kind of way.

So, the dream didn't hold doom-filled emotions for me...it was lighthearted and funny. Which is a VERY good thing. As I like to view life with a sense of humor as much as possible, even in the darkest of times. The sooner I can use humor to get out of a funk, the better off I am.

So, on to the dream.

First of all, as I just said, the dream "felt good." It had a POSITIVE spin to it.

I did look up various symbols on-line and found some interesting connotations that work with what I feel the dream meant:

HEADLESSNESS
Good indication that your head and heart are not communicating. Your emotions may be running overboard and you need to stop and take a moment to think about things and where your intense feelings may be taking you. Maybe you have been behaving irrationally and are "losing your head" (mind is most likely). A separated head can mean mind and soul are not in balance or the idea of senseless or thoughtless action, or acting without a sense of responsibility. (Well, no shit. I've known this for months. Go ahead and read my "Gag Order" blog from May. You'll see.). This symbol may ask us where in our lives our emotions and logic are not in balance and invites us to rejoin the areas of our life that seem separate or disjointed. (This could be where my need to "reattach" my head makes a lot of sense! The whole pun of "running around like a chicken with it's head cut off" or "I've lost my mind" or "gotta get my head on straight" reallllly applies here.)

VASE
I couldn't find much relevant about a vase. Other than the vase symbol can mean the idea of containment or restraint. (yep....practicing LOADS of restraint daily).

POOL
I mentioned that part of my dream took place by a pool. I didn't know why it mattered but it did. Therefore it does. Sooo, I discovered that a pool of water can mean the context of your life, meaning the settings and situations within which your life takes place – your "world". Can also be a huge, deep area that you feel holds secrets. A calm body of water can represent peacefulness or relaxation. (I now recall that the guy in my dream was cleaning the pool – I think – so...that's pretty cool...a big part of my life getting cleaned up...)

MIRROR
Self-awareness, examination of self, looking inward. (Hmmmmmmmmmm)

BLOOD
Life force, life energy or the essence of humanity. My bleeding can mean I feel weakened or tired emotionally, mentally, or physically. (Well. How 'bout all three?) or you feel something is sapping your energy or time or attention. (Yes, yes.... aaaaaand.... yes.)

HEADACHE
Thinking too hard (no effing way!) overwhelmed, a problem or challenge or complication.

BANQUET
Abundant nourishment for the mind, body, emotions or soul – or a desire for it. (I'll take door #2 Bob).

NURSE
Can represent support, nurturing, healing or the idea of responsibility or authority over others. (So, what if the bitch refused to help? Um, like she did???)

KEYCHAIN
Symbolizes opportunities, secrets or responsibilities and may indicate locking away feelings and emotions. To dream of "finding" a keychain is lucky and means you may soon have a breakthrough in a real-life situation. (I only include that because I really, really, really, really want that.....)

DEAD BRIDE AND GROOM
(Ok...lots of different takes on dead people...) dreaming of dead people can represent an area of your life that has "died." (The fact that the dead people were a bride and groom is so flippin' overwhelmingly obvious to me that I really don't need to look up the interpretation...)

TRAVIS BARKER
Only thing I can think of is that he represents music...

PUT IT ALL TOGETHER AND YOU GET.....
Clearly, I've been going through a lot in the last few months. Lots and lots and lots of disappointments. Lots of pressure to do things like, oh, I don't know...save my house! Deal with a Gemini-influenced ex! Go bankrupt! Keep my job! Help my parents. Raise my kids. Fall in love and get my heart broken to smithereens. I've been unfocused in all areas of my life, acted irrationally, irresponsibly and selfishly in a few areas, less than elegantly in others. I've been overwhelmed by so much lately. So, clearly, I've "lost my mind"! And, as a result of going through all this stuff, I have done a crapload of introspection, writing, crying and praying. I'm still processing the "death of my marriage" and, lately, the death of romantic hopes. My fervent wish is that my attempt to "reattach" my head is a subconscious identification of my ability to finally get my head on straight. Get my mind cleared....clean out the areas of my life that cause discomfort, and once again feel peace and serenity. Maybe reaching out for help and having the helper reject me...maybe that means the ability to make things alright really lies within me, and within my relationship with God, that I've relied a lot on others for support, which is perfectly fine, yet the answers are with me and what I know to the core of my being... my "God Gut". And maybe if I continue on the path that I've just stepped back onto, getting my head on straight...the situations going on in my life will also straighten out. That and the fact that it all had a humorous spin....like I said, humor is integral to my survival...no matter how mad or depressed or sad I get....humor and music self-reflection and willingness to find solution are keys to the freedom of happiness for me.

2 comments:

  1. You are such an awesome writer! I just hope, that I'm not the "helper" who rejected you! If I am, kick my ass!!!

    My belief, honestly, is that God is preparing you for something HUGE in life! The test, if you will, is the negative experiences you're enduring now. The question, as I've posed several times before, is "What is your focus and how are you going to make the absolute best of everything you DO have?"

    Hugs my friend and thank you for sharing yourself!

    Love,

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs back to you Chris! You are always an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are not only welcomed, they are cherished! Feedback does wonders for a writer, and connecting with readers makes this site a lot more human :)