Saturday, February 2, 2013

13 May Be My Lucky Number

A quickie update on the goings' on in my household. I actually did a video blog to post, but not sure it's up to par so I will return to my favorite form of journaling: this blog.

If you have shown up at this page by accident or by design, first of all, thank you for showing up! And if you've read any of my posts, I send an even BIGGER Thank YOU.

For those who have read regularly since I started posting in January 2010, you will know, with the exception of a few rogue subjects discussed, my main topics seem to have become: Saving/Losing my Condo, My Health and LOVE. Jeez. I wonder what topics will be at the forefront this year.

Well, friends, onward to the updates.

HOUSE UPDATE
Once I finally gave in and gave up staying in my condo at all, in fact WANTED to leave in the end, and once I said, "OK God, I will go wherever you want me to go" things moved ahead at lightning speed. We received a fourth offer which the bank actually reviewed and then accepted. By happy circumstances, I was able to find a condo to rent IN MY COMPLEX – this unit is single story (my knees say thank you!), it is in a quiet part of the complex, it is bigger with a bigger back yard, I get to park closer to my home, the laundry is closer to me...I have a fireplace in my bedroom and we have two full bathrooms. We did not have to go through the terrible adjustment of moving to a totally unknown neighborhood. My girls' friends here can still see them any time. And it's all for an amazing price I can afford. Oh, and my landlady and I have mutual friends AND grew up three houses away from each other in the neighborhood where my parents still live, something we had no idea about until she went over my lease paperwork. Getting this place was definitely meant to be. I want to write in more detail about the amazing serendipity that occurred in making this condo our home, but will do so later.

I cannot fully express how happy I am to finally be out from under the Bank of America mortgage nightmare. I have been having fun making the place my own (our own...the girls love our new place), tossing away old unnecessary junk that I had held onto for so long and STARTING OVER.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Universe/God. Cannot say it enough. I am so wonderfully happy and content.

HEALTH UPDATE
Aw, well, the back is still iffy, but, as you may know if you read back a few blogs, I started Weight Watchers in August. I set a goal weight of 30 pounds loss and felt it was an impossible goal. But I found out from working the program the way they tell you to, I steadily lost weight. In fact, I have had to set a new goal weight since I exceeded my goal by 5.5 pounds. I love how I feel, how I look, and how I eat. My kids have benefited from the lifestyle change with the way we eat and, again, I cannot fully express how amazingly happy I am that I have lost 4 dress sizes. I don't have to beat myself up at the gym, and I listen to my body and don't freak out if I have to ease up on my work out because my back is acting up.

LOVE UPDATE
No update. WHAT??? Shocking, I know. Even more shocking (in a sarcastic voice...) I am still flippin' processing feelings I have written about in my previous posts over the last couple years. The guy I was dating who deployed 5 months into our relationship...well...we are friends. Too many issues before (and after) deployment made attempts to maintain a romantic relationship difficult.  Enough said on love. Let's just say this hopeless romantic is forever hopeful. But more than that,  I am grateful that I have been given the opportunity to grow and flourish in so many areas of my life and to come to a place of inner happiness and peace. God has carried me through so much in my life – so I turn this subject over to Him and will see what his plan brings.

Overall if things keep going along the way they have been in January alone, 2013 may be a lucky year indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kris. Glad to hear that you've finally got the housing situation sorted and that you and the girls are happy in your new place.

    Maybe 2013 will be your year and maybe you'll be in the arms of man come Hogmanay ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks my friend! I had to google Hogmanay, LOL! Way to try to trip me up T! :)

    I hope your writer's block poofs away and you get back to your novel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are not only welcomed, they are cherished! Feedback does wonders for a writer, and connecting with readers makes this site a lot more human :)