Monday, March 25, 2013

Happiness In 1,000 Words or Less

Oh, come on. I can do this in a thousand words or less. Talking about happiness that is. Maybe it should be 10,000 words or less. I'm not the most succinct blogger.

I am so happy for the first time in such a long, long while. Finally, all the turmoil is behind me...all the painful trudging to get through divorce and bankruptcy, unloading my condo and finally getting out from under Bank of Not My America (what a bunch of crooks).

Someone told me just last week that I look and sound better than I have in the 5 years he has known me. When I told him I felt more powerful spiritually, emotionally and physically now than I have felt in, oh let's say about 20 years, he said it shows...and he added that I will begin attracting more people like that into my life.

Yeehaw! *throws cowboy hat up in the air and does the Curly Shuffle. (Not really).

It's about time. I have no time for toxic relationships, of which I have had a few. "No shite," say the regular readers.

Good news is that I am practicing "To Thine Own Self Be True" more and more accurately in the last year and a half. I find I am unable to tolerate certain behaviors and I seem to be heeding red flags more and more. I am able to come to decisions and take appropriate action much sooner than ever before. It's not easy, and sometimes it hurts. But in my heart of hearts I know I am doing the right things these days. For myself, and for my children.

As for attracting wonderful, healthy, happy people into my life, well, that is happening already.  This past weekend I had an opportunity to attend an unofficial all-class high school reunion and met up with a very special and powerful group of people who have been on the sidelines cheering me on as I crawled through painful events in the last 5 years. They listened to a few years of rantings, sobbing, fear, laughter, hope, crazy ideas, irrational thoughts...they endured all the ups and downs of the emotional rollercoaster I was riding with sincere support and love. This weekend they got to see a kooky, happy, self-assured person who is enjoying breathing the fresh air of hope and adventure and serenity all wrapped up in one, big contented sigh.

To my circle of friends: Kym, Tony, Heather, Terin, Erin, Tristine and Fern, as well as those who couldn't join us (my Aunt Mary, my good friend Kim, my dear Mark and Tommy (who isn't a high school alum, but has been there through thick and thin all the way from Scotland!) thank you from the bottom of my heart for your friendship and kindness. Yours are the smiles and kind words and cheers and sarcastic jokes that make my world go 'round.

I look forward to meeting more people who prefer optimism over negative wallowing, laughter and music and adventure over fear of the future, action and hope over stagnation.

I love my life. I love my friends. I thank God for all the blessings in my life.

P.S. I am so remiss in not including my parents and my children in the happiness list!!! And there are so many others...Max, Chris, Shannon, Pam, Goose, Esther, Karen, Renee, Chris...I honestly cannot possibly name everyone who has blessed my life.





4 comments:

  1. Doing a happy dance along with you Hon! Thank you for including me in the list of friends...glad to be "truly" a part of the sideline again (even though I still have not adapted to the CAli way of life yet) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a wee Scotsman a happy chappy today. Not only because your lovely mention in this blog but because you've kept believing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're truly blessed to have so many friends and such a thankful attitude! I love your positivity x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes taking tough decisions is the only way to move forward. Sounds like you're better off for it. Keep smiling. :-)
    Oh, and there's a little award for you over at my blog. I hope you'll accept it.
    http://kirstenhart.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are not only welcomed, they are cherished! Feedback does wonders for a writer, and connecting with readers makes this site a lot more human :)