Monday, May 6, 2013

What's Behind the Door

I have just joined Pinterest. Aside from the Pinewbie obsession of catching up with the rest of the world by populating almost 20 boards with over 1,100 pins in one week (I'm really a sick person in many, many ways), I have been reminded of something: as I scan through myriad photos of beautiful places, I gravitate to, like and pin a lot of photos that lead you into the unknown.

Whether it is a stairway, pathway, bridge, door or window...if it's a portal to something unseen, there is a sense of mystery and adventure that gives me a chill when I see it. I have taken many photos (of which I can't seem to find right at this moment. That is so "of COURSE!!" of me) in my trips and travels and outings in life. I am naturally drawn to the lines and curves of walkways that lead to...where? Doors, maybe slightly ajar...maybe shut tight against the world, obscuring....what? Who? 

Hallways, aisles...anything that draws me in, simply beckons me to participate in the thrill of what is just around the corner, behind the closed door.


Bookman Books in Orange, CA. Bookish heaven on Earth.
With rows and rows of used books. 

A private entrance/exit from a grand home to the
beach below, Laguna Beach, CA.

A beautiful Georgian style facade, in
Old Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.

A portion of a trail above Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Big Sur, CA

A different perspective. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Big Sur, CA
A gate leading to the cobbled street and shops of a
frosty Old Quebec City. 
Ventilating a hot, summery shop in Old Quebec City.










2 comments:

  1. beautiful photos...I have a thing for walkways and doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe, thank you! Glad to know you are a fellow "what's around the corner" adventurer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are not only welcomed, they are cherished! Feedback does wonders for a writer, and connecting with readers makes this site a lot more human :)